Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999

Sickness Certificates

If you are absent from work for three days or more because of illness, you need to complete form SC2 (or SC1 if you are self-employed). These are available from reception or your employer. For absences of seven days or more, you need a certificate from your doctor. These can only be issued if the doctor has seen you on the same day or the previous day, or if you were recently seen by a hospital doctor who has written to your GP. Occasionally, a special note can be issued if you are unable to work because of chronic illness and have recently been seen by a doctor.

Notes which are issued for reasons other than this fall outside the NHS contract and will be charged for.

Local Services, Let